A key mission of Circus is to stimulate innovative research by facilitating new patterns of collaboration. This is done through various forms of support aimed to cultivate collaborations across disciplinary, departmental and faculty boundaries within primarily the Disciplinary Domain of Humanities and Social Sciences at Uppsala University. Some forms of support are provided through open calls and external peer review while other, regularly smaller, forms of support are awarded after a case-by-case assessment.
Circus is a program for finding new pathways for fostering research rather than a specific research program. Initiatives supported are all distinctly multi-, inter-, or trans-disciplinary with a focus on developing collaborations within the Disciplinary Domain of Humanities and Social Sciences at Uppsala University. Circus is in this way evolving into a broad and differentiated platform for developing cross-cutting research collaborations within the disciplinary domain.
Current forms of support:
- Support to develop cross-cutting research projects (open call) (link to web page)
- Support for research networks (open call) link to web page)
- Funding to support gatherings that promote inter- and multi-disciplinary collaborations among doctoral students (link to web page)
- Support for workshops, seminar series and other collaborative initiatives within the remit of Circus. Circus grants this support on a case-by-case basis. An award of support includes administrative support, and that Circus assumes costs related to the initiative up to the awarded amount. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Circus also works actively to develop ways for sharing experiences and facilitate learning on how to develop and nurture cross-cutting collaborations.