Funding to support gatherings that promote inter- and multi-disciplinary collaborations among doctoral students
This call is aimed at doctoral students at Uppsala University to facilitate gatherings that promote inter- and multi-disciplinary research collaborations. The gathering should concern a broad group of doctoral students from different subjects within the Disciplinary Domain of Humanities and Social Sciences. This support can amount to a maximum of SEK 30,000 (including overhead).
Procedure for decision-making
Decisions to support applications are made by the board of Circus board. This means that a decision normally can be made and communicated within two months from when the application was submitted.
When assessing applications, the following aspects are considered:
- The purpose of the gathering in relation to the mission of Circus.
- Expected added value in relation to existing activities.
- How the gathering promotes inter- and multi-disciplinary collaboration within the Disciplinary Domain of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The application can be made by a doctoral student or an association of doctoral students affiliated with one or more departments within the Disciplinary Domain of Humanities and Social Sciences at Uppsala University. The application should not exceed 2 A4 pages and shall contain:
- a brief description of the purpose of the meeting,
- a specification of what doctoral students is aimed at,
- estimated number of participants,
- a preliminary program and a specified budget.
- The application is to be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Considerations when doing the activity and submitting a report on the event
It is essential that meetings supported by Circus clearly acknowledge the support when announcing the event, in distributed programs, and the like. No later than one month after the completed activity, a shorter report must be sent to Circus. This report shall contain:
- a brief description of the meeting and how it has promoted inter- and multi-disciplinary collaborations.
- include the final program for the meetings
- a list of participants
- financial final report.