Karriär - Navigering i tvärvetenskapliga domäner: nätverkande och social samvaro som juniorforskare, seminarium i seminarieserien Tvärvetenskapliga möjligheter, praxis och utmaningar
- Datum: –15.00
- Plats: Zoom
- Arrangör: Centre for Integrated Research on Culture and Society (CIRCUS)
- Kontaktperson: Ingrid Berg
Välkommen till Circus seminarieserie: Tvärvetenskapliga möjligheter, praxis och utmaningar. Vårt sjunde seminarium heter: Karriär - Navigering i tvärvetenskapliga domäner: nätverkande och social samvaro som juniorforskare.
A key part of academic life is to be in repeated contact and conversation with others. But how do you go about creating a vibrant research setting for yourself as an interdisciplinary scholar, especially when you perhaps cannot ease into the social fabric of your older peers? In this seminar, we explore facets of networking and socialising, from attending conferences and seminars to finding a mentor. What challenges do we encounter when we socialise and network across disciplines? We share helpful tips and tricks for seeking out new academic friendships. If we want to, we can also share some insights on pitfalls and less successful strategies for navigating multidisciplinary domains.
We will host the Spring seminars entirely on zoom until further notice. A link will be sent to registered participants ahead of the seminar.
Registration (open April 5th)
About the seminar series
Interdisciplinary possibilities, practices and challenges is an exploratory seminar series. The aim of the seminar series is to expand our collaborative understanding of different aspects of performing interdisciplinary research. The series is meant to be a collectively maintained venue for discussing the practices, challenges, and opportunities with cross-disciplinary research endeavours.
The seminars are open to anyone curios about doing research across disciplinary boundaries. The series have a few recurrent themes, where you can choose to follow all of the seminars or focus on seminars on a specific theme.
- Practices and skills: seminars designed to discuss various skill-sets and practices specific to working in interdisciplinary contexts. Topics include collaborative writing, seminar cultures, publishing strategies, developing research ideas and grant applications etc.
- Career: seminaries designed for early career researchers who are already working across disciplines or who are interested in initiating interdisciplinary research. Topics include careers paths, challenges in switching disciplines, professional identity and self-imagery etc.
- Leadership: seminars designed for principal investigators, project leaders and participants in interdisciplinary collaborative projects. Topics include challenges and practices in leading a cross-disciplinary research group, designing and developing group cohesion etc.